O B E Technology
The concept was born in 2015 during a hackathon with the KER our own hardware that works as the brain of our immersive clothing with a waterproof and flexible case, motion sensors, piezoelectric, and other electronic components already used on our best selling the MIDI Jacket with the idea to make a full body immersive controller for Virtual Reality.
After the success of the hackathon we pursed the concept and we made a MVP (minimum viable prototype) working with Unity and made a video to raised money and apply to Intel's Make It Wearable Competition.
OBE WAS DESIGNED WITH MACHINA'S TECHNOLOGY ALLOWING TO EXTEND THE EXPERIENCE TO MAKE OBE A UNIVERSAL IMMERSIVE CONTROLLER.
THE MISSING PIECE TO COMPLETE THE FULL IMMERSION EXPERIENCE IN VR
To make OBE Technology possible and from the manufacturing stand point we design a modular sensors and controllers designed to easily be embedded into any piece of clothing or accessory.
The first to be released is the M.BOT v1.0 or Machina Bot a smart controller compatible with all Machina garments.
THE M.BOT WAS DESIGNED TO SPECIFICALLY BE EMBEDDED INTO ANY TYPE OF CLOTHING.
With a simple tap to our M.Bot controller, you can use it as a panic button and at the same time control music, lights, answer phone calls, smart notifications and even use it as a selfie button. A few gestures personalized by you, keep you connected and amplified.
- Panic Button: SMS message with live location to five of your selected contacts. You can find your friends/family in the aftermath of a disaster: Earthquakes, Fires, Floods or when feeling in danger.
- Smart Notifications: Social Media alerts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Gmail, Uber etc.) - All mobile related notifications with special haptic feedback presets.
- Selfie Button: Snapping photos at a distance! This is great for group shots and selfies, while avoiding awkward angles.
- Music Player: The ability to control your music in a hands free kind of way!
- (Play / Pause / Stop / Repeat / Next)
- Keynote/Powerpoint Presentations:Configurable to use it as a clicker for special presentations.
- Hands Free: Hands free to answer calls while in motion.
- MIDI Controller: The ability to trigger different notes by connecting to Ableton Live, MIDI Studio among others using Machina's M.Bot as a MIDI Controller device.
*** New features will be updated constantly to have intelligent clothing for a better you.
To have a better understanding of how it works this video demonstrates some real use cases.